Whether you are a site owner looking to apply to be a Replant Day site, a student volunteer, or a Replant member, this is important information for you.
With fall courses becoming hybridized to have remote and face-to-face courses, COVID-19 has certainly brought challenges to today’s world. Aggie Replant’s Annual Replant Day has been happening since 1991, when Scott Hantman and a group of fellow Aggies got together and planted trees to beautify and enhance the environment of the Bryan/College Station community. As much as Aggie Replant wants to hold Replant Day 2020 to uphold that tradition and pillar of selfless service, we are uncertain if we will be holding such a large-scale event due to both university and governmental restrictions and guidelines.
The measures we have taken for the safety of our student members include:
- Holding all Aggie Replant General Meetings and Executive Board meetings virtually.
- Cancelling in-person social events.
- Recruiting new members virtually.
If you are looking to join Aggie Replant as a student member, keep an eye on our Social Media @aggiereplant (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and watch for us on @MSCOpenHouse Instagram in August!
What to Know as a Student Replant Day Volunteer
- We are uncertain at this point how or if Replant Day 2020 will go forward.
- If Replant Day 2020 were held, we may not have enough jobs to distribute to our “normal amount” (roughly 500) of student volunteers, but only to Replant organization members.
- The sign-up for Replant Day Volunteering is closed until we decide if Replant Day 2020 will proceed.
What to Know as a Potential Replant Day Site Owner (those who wish to have trees planted on their property and apply)
- Again, we are uncertain how or if Replant Day 2020 will go forward.
- Replant may potentially be distributing trees, however we are uncertain if we would be able to plant them in the ground for site owners or not as there would be multiple students gathered and it may be unsafe to be in such close quarters.
- The Site Owner Application for Replant Day 2020 is closed until we decide if we will be proceeding or not.
- Replant will take note of all Site Owner Applications that have already been submitted this year, and will keep them on file to contact in the future (whether that be a scaled-down Replant Day 2020 or next year’s Replant Day).
Please note that all of this information is subject to change, but we hope that it helps clarify some points for all involved in making Replant Day happen each year. Thank you for your patience, and we will keep you updated on a rolling basis!
Gig ‘Em and Stay Safe,
-The 2019-2020 Replant Executive Board